European projects and public transport
We participate in projects to which we contribute our extensive experience in the field of transport.
The Madrid Regional Transport Consortium has participated and actively participates in several projects at a global level for several years. The public transport system of the Community of Madrid thus remains at the forefront of innovation, and is an interesting case study for sharing experiences with other cities and regions of the world.
CIVITAS ECCENTRIC project – Innovative solutions for sustainable mobility of people in suburban city districts and emission free freight logistics in urban centers
The cities of Madrid, Stockholm, Munich, Turku and Ruse have formed the CIVITAS ECCENTRIC consortium with the aim of facing the challenges of mobility in the peripheral districts of the city and clean, silent and CO2-free urban logistics. In most cities, these two areas have received less attention in urban mobility policies, and most of their mobility is solved by car use.
Other completed projects:
- BHLS Buses with High Level of Service (more information)
- TRANSURBAN Transit Systems Development for Urban Regeneration
- IDEA-STCC Promotion and Development of Areas of Coordinated Collective Transportation Systems in the Supra-regional Area
- TRANSECON Urban Transport and Socio-Economic Development
- PIRATE Promoting Interchange Rationale, Accessibility and Transfer Efficiency
- INTATME Integration of alternative modes of transport in relation to a metro line, for work and leisure trips
- PROMOTEO Promotion of public transport to achieve Sustainable Mobility in large urban agglomerations
- TRANSPRICE TransModal Integrated Urban Transport Pricing for Optimum Modal Split
- CAPTURE Cars to Public Transport in the Urban Environment